Jack-in-the-pulpit is a small flowering plant. It grows in wet areas of the forest and can be seen as a common part of the species mix in a healthy forest in Eastern North America. It is sometimes confused with Poison Ivy due to having a similar leaf arrangement, but can easily be told apart because it is not a vine. It is not nearly as toxic as Poison Ivy but it can be harmful if eaten.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s